HCR Club Meeting Minutes
Meeting Date: 5/5/16
Attendees: Frank Purdy, Sarah James, Richard Betancourt, and Ron Urlacher.
Meeting lead by: Frank Purdy Meeting Start Time: 7:05PM Meeting Adjourn Time: 7:45 PM
Membership Report: No membership report.
Treasurer Report: We are in good shape.
News Letter: No report
Face Book: No report
Minutes: Minutes were reviewed and approved.
Race Calendar/Equipment Rentals: Not reviewed.
• Mai will buy new lap top and help set it up.
• We will be updating mailing lists and improving means of communications with members.
• Weekend morning fun runs.
New Business: Richard brought to the table the prospect of requiring race directors to get a certification. The certification courses focus on the teaching the logistics of directing a race covering the details of putting on a race. The group agreed that this is a good idea and we will move forward with that.
• Kids Marathon: Sarah reported that 80 are registered so far. Sarah reports her goal was to raise $1500 in donations but so far she has received $1850. The race will start at 5PM and Sarah reports she has entries from as far as Zillah.
• Clear Lake Run: Brian unable to attend meeting. Frank reports Brian has registrations and confirmed that we will not be doing any same day registration. Brian will do registration until 1PM on packet pick up date. Brian ordered 2 banners that are race specific. Richard reports they are very nice. There will be no pancake feed this year due to lack of interest.
• Gray Rock: Richard and Frank have decided to co direct gray rock as we didn’t want to go down the road of paid directors and this practice is in conflict with tax codes. Bibs, mugs and insurance are taken care of. The mugs are clear with Gray Rock scenery on them. Frank will send insurance certificate to DNR. Richard is planning to have a craft beer for afterwards. Richard and Frank are pondering El Porton or Wood Fired Pizza as possibilities for after event food. All entries will go through Ultra Sign Up.
• Summer Race Series: Frank reports that Randy and Heidi Bolong will run the first to races.