HCR Club Meeting Minutes
Meeting Date: 9/6/12
Attendees: Gregg Broyles, Randy Bolong, Richard Betancourt and Ron Urlacher.
Meeting lead by: Gregg Broyles Meeting Start Time: 7:05PM Meeting Adjourn Time: 7:50 PM
Membership Report: 132 members which is down from approximately 200 last year. Greg will send Randy email address for new membership documents.
Treasurer Report: We are running in the black and on par with last year.
News Letter: No update.
Web Master: No discussion
USATF Membership: It is time to re-measure the course and is required every 10 years. Greg will check with Lenore for certification coordination.
Vision and Ideas for the Future: Richard presented a 5 year draft plant that included a club vision, club goals, guiding principles, fast track initiatives, and long term goals. The plan will need to be reviewed again when more members are present. Richard looking for input to draft plan.
Annual meeting: Greg proposed to move the annual meeting to the YMCA and separate if from the Turkey Trot. Greg will review dates of Turkey Trot and propose date for annual. Greg is looking to combine the annual meeting with a social run and show photos at the meeting. This is the way it was done in the past.
Army Base Half marathon and 5K: scheduled for September 15th. They have 400 registered for the race. Greg will help time but is looking for another person to help with this.
Sun City Half and 5K: Kate is hosting this event on 10/14.
Meeting Date: 10/4/12
Attendees: Gregg Broyles, Randy Bolong, Frank Purdy, Kenn Zahn and Ron Urlacher.
Meeting lead by: Gregg Broyles Meeting Start Time: 7:07PM Meeting Adjourn Time: 7:50 PM
Membership Report: No membership report
Treasurer Report: No report
News Letter: Gregg volunteered to take on news letter, and Kenn suggested we go to an electronic version.
Web Master: No discussion
USATF Membership: Gregg headed up and reported that the course was re-measured on 9/29 and is valid for 10 years unless the coarse changes.
Vision and Ideas for the Future: No update
Annual meeting: Gregg to call Tony for meeting place at the YMCA and we are not sure of date yet. If this doesn’t work out we may have it at a restaurant.
Sun City Half and 5K: Gregg to get permit for this race to help Kate and race to be held on 11/4.
Turkey Trot: To be held on 11/18.
Winter race series: tentative dates for the winter race series set for 12/9, 12/23, 1/6 and 1/20.
Run like a pirate: May be held in November.
Hardcore Runners Meeting 12/6/12
Present: Kenn Zahn, Gregg Broyles, Rory McVey, Randy Bolong, Richard Betancourt, Frank Purdy.
Minutes from previous meeting 11/1/12 review and accepted. Ron to forward to Kenn to post on the website.
· Newsletter- Gregg and Sonny to take over and publish a newsletter by January 2013. More info to follow.
· WRS – we will honor Barry at the beginning of the first race.
· Logistics of WRS was discussed
· Volunteers are still needed
· Randy will bring stove- hot cider will be available at all the races
· Gregg is taking over Frosty Four, Rory is tied up with other commitments but will be available to provide guidance.
· Gregg will look into county insurance requirements
· RRCA umbrella insurance was paid in December 2012
· Steve Shelton is the contact for the Sheriff’s Department
· Donations for the Sheriff’s Department is $150 to $200
· Frosty Four will be on ground hog day February 2, 2013
· Frank to work on the course since the bridge is out.
· Gregg will work on the shirts.
· Davis art students design the tee’s.
· Next meeting we will review the designs.
· Frank will look for sponsors.