APPLE RIDGE RUN INVITATIONAL
Welcome to our second Apple Ridge Run Invitational! Thanks to a generous donation of funds, land and time by Strand Fruit of Cowiche, our dream of an ideal running/racing venue is nearly being realized. The grass is still in the works, but the trails are cleared and ready to be used.
Attending High Schools:
$45 per school
* The 160 (est.) acres of property consists of about six miles of trails that are 10 to 30 feet wide. The following will be used for the races:
* Junior High Race: A 1 ½ mile, course consisting of flat running surface and
one short hill. The surface is all dirt. Spectators can see most of the race from the bleachers.
* High School Race (First Flight): A 3-mile course consisting of three
loops. The same hill used in the jr. high race will be used twice. Other than
that, this course should be fast! The footing is all dirt.
* High School Race (Second Flight): Our normal 3-mile course that involves
two short hills. The course is run over two long loop and a short loop. The surface again is mostly dirt with some patches of grass.
* High School Race (Third Flight): A two loop course that involves some
short, steep hills with periods of flat areas in between. It is very similar to the
course used in the college races. Footing consists of grass, dirt and gravel.
* High School Race (Fourth Flight): A 5K that is ONE LOOP that circumnavigates our whole property! The first two miles are generally a slight downhill decent with the exception of two short hills. In the middle of the third mile, however, lurks a grade that is approximately ½ a mile in length.
The footing is mostly dirt, with areas of gravel and grass.
– National Anthem
– College Men (4 Miles)
– College Women (3 miles)
Middle School Race:
– Girls and Boys (1.5 miles)
High School Races:
– First Flight: Boys and Girls (3 miles)
– Second Flight: Boys and Girls (3 miles)
– Third Flight: Boys and Girls (3 miles)
– Fourth Flight: Boys and Girls (5K)
- ¾ mile race for
- Open (community members, coaches, athletes who didn’t compete, …) (3 miles)
PLEASE E-MAIL A RESPONSE
TO ME BY
Head Cross Country Coach
School e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Home Phone: (509) 697-3526