From Camille Rimmer
haven’t always been a runner. In fact I
am pretty sure I am not a real runner.
The best part:
The crowds. You could hear the
roar of the women of
The part I would change:
· More Handy Homes (AKA Port O’ Potties) on the course, so I wouldn’t lose four minutes waiting in line.
And somewhere in between:
· The bus ride to the start. We got lost twice and there was that minor incident with the parked car.
· Trying to stay warm for three and a half hours before the race started.
· Ignoring all the advice about not going out too fast, and then wanting to sit down when the rolling hills started at mile six.
· The rolling hills.
· The cramping calves.
· The hills.
· The race official shouting there was only a mile to go.
Crossing the finish line in
(Camille was 15361 of 19688 overall, 5505 of 7625 females, and 360 of 697 in the 50-59 age group.) kz